Summertime Recap and Tony PrepPosted: May 21, 2015 Filed under: Between Two Boroughs, Miscellaneous, Tony Awards | Tags: airlinehighway, alancumming, anamericaninparis, betweentwoboroughs, cbs, charlesmee, chuckmee, funhome, gowanusloft, jennhaltman, kristenchenoweth, onthetwentiethcentury, summertime, thekingandi, tony, tonyawards, tonynight, tonyprep, tonys 4 Comments
Well hello, old friends. Sorry to disappear on you for so long there. As most of you probably know, I’ve been practically living in Gowanus, Brooklyn the past two weeks putting up our production of Summertime. Despite a tumultuous chain of events, I think we made a beautiful play, and I’m so proud of it and everyone involved. Here is a peek at some production photos to give you a little taste. And to stay up-to-date on our future projects, you can subscribe to our mailing list here.
But now down to business. It is prime Tony season, and I am BEHIND! I gotta stop producing shows in May! Here is what’s topping my list right now of what I need to see, ideally before Tony Night on June 7th.
- Fun Home – Missing the run at the Public was my big regret of the 2013 season, but I found solace knowing it would likely come to Broadway. And yet I STILL haven’t made my way over there so this is definitely a top priority.
- An American in Paris – I should’ve snagged preview tickets on TDF when I had the chance. Now it’s a huge hit and a main contender for Best Musical this year. I’m buying tickets for this later today to catch it next Wednesday.
- Airline Highway – I never miss a Julie White show. I’m also buying tickets for this today to go next Saturday.
- On the Twentieth Century – I’m seeing this next Thursday with Jenn! It’s going to be a busy week!
- The King and I – Sadly I won’t get to this in time for the awards, but I did snag tickets for mid-July with the roomie.
There are others of course (The Visit, Skylight, etc.), but they’ll have to fall to the wayside for the time being.
So – are you ready for Tony night? Excited for Alan and Kristin? Which performance are you most excited to see? What do you think will take home Best Musical?
Written by Charles L. Mee, Directed by Jenn Haltman
Gowanus Loft, May 7 – 17
Photo Credit: Craig Hanson Photography
Pictured: Spencer Aste, Josh Doucette, and Becca Schneider
You were a beautiful and quirky and charming Tessa! Congrats on the whole thing, it was wonderful. xo
Thank you, Deeds!!
1) I love how much you love theater. 2) I’ll go see The Visit with you. I saw it once in Chicago in 2003, then last summer at the Williamstown Theater Festival and I want to see it finally on Broadway. They have fought all these years to bring it to Broadway and I wanna see my girl Chita and the rest of the show right where they belong!
Lemme know if we can do this before June 30th (my last day in NYC)
Let’s do it! It’s on TDF a bunch. We’ll grab tix for June.